You might be interested in this text provided you are a holder of an EASA CPL(A) or EASA ATPL(A) and Bombardier CRJ typerating endorsed in the license of non-EASA country. If you are looking for the way how to get the CL65 typerating into your EASA license, please read through.

For ICAO to EASA transfer you need 500 hours on CRJ

It often happens that a pilot has an extensive type-related experience in non-EASA (for example, an FAA license valid on aircraft registered in the USA) and wants to get the Bombardier CRJ Series type rating in to his EASA license.

Valid and endorsed Bombardier CRJ Series type rating in a licence issued by a third country may be inserted in a licence issued in accordance with Annex I (Part-FCL) to Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011 provided you meet the requirements of Section 4, Article 10 of Part FCL and meet following:

  • compliance with the experience requirements and the prerequisites for the issue of the Bombardier CRJ Series typerating in accordance with Part-FCL;
  • passes the relevant skill test for the issue of the applicable type or class rating in accordance with Part-FCL;
  • is in current flying practice;
  • as no less than 500 hours of flight experience as a pilot in variants representing Bombardier CRJ Series

If you meet all these pre-requisites, the last step is to attend the checkride with an EASA Examiner - so-called skill test with a TRE or SFE Boeing CRJ. If you are a holder of an EASA CPL(A), your CRJ privileges will be limited to so-called "copilot only".

EASA TRE Bombardier CRJ