Bombardier CRJ SFE - assessment of competence
Assessment of competence for Synthetic flight examiner - SFE on Bombardier CRJ Series. CRJ100 200, CRJ700 900, CRJ1000, Challenger CL850, 870, 890 provided by EASA Senior Examiner for Bombardier CL65.
Prerequisites SFE CL65
An applicant for Synthetic flight examiner - SFE Bombardier CRJ shall comply with the requirements of Ec 1178/2011, Part FCL, FCL.1010 and AMC1 FCL.1010.
Synthetic flight examiner - SFE for Bombardier CL65 shall meet requirements of FCL.1010.SFE(a)(1):
- hold or have held an ATPL(A) and a type rating for Bombardier CRJ
- hold a SFI(A) certificate for the Bombardier CL65; and
- have at least 1500 hours of flight time as pilots of multi-pilot aeroplanes;
For the initial issue of the Synthetic flight examiner - SFE certificate, an applicant shall have completed at least 50 hours of synthetic flight instruction as a TRI(A) or an SFI(A) on the Bombardier CRJ Series.
Applicants for an examiner certificate shall in addition demonstrate:
- relevant knowledge, background and appropriate experience related to the privileges of an examiner;
- that they have not been subject to any sanctions, including the suspension, limitation or revocation of any of their licences, ratings or certificates issued in accordance with Part-FCL, for non-compliance with the Basic Regulation and its Implementing Rules during the last 3 years.
Privileges of SFE Bombardier CRJ
In general the examiner activities od SFE CRJ are limited to the FSTD representing the Bombardier CRJ Series. In accordance with FCL.1005.SFE, the Synthetic flight examiner - SFE on Bombardier CRJ are to conduct:
- skill tests and proficiency checks for the issue, revalidation or renewal of Bombardier CRJ type ratings;
- proficiency checks for the revalidation or renewal of type-related instrument rating if combined with the revalidation or renewal of a CL65 type rating, provided that they have passed a proficiency check for the Bombardier CRJ including the instrument rating within the last year;
- assessments of competence for the issue, revalidation or renewal of an SFI certificate in Bombardier CRJ, provided that they have completed at least 3 years as an SFE(A) and have undergone specific training for the assessment of competence in accordance with point FCL.1015(b).
Examiner standardisation - SFE Bombardier CRJ
An applicant for an Bombardier CRJ examiner certificate shall undertake a examiner standardisation course which is provided by the competent authority or which is provided by an flight school - ATO.
The SFE CRJ Examiner standardisation course shall consist of theoretical and practical instruction and shall include, at least:
- the conduct of 2 skill tests, proficiency checks or assessments of competences associated with Bombardier CRJ type;
- instruction on the applicable requirements in this part and the applicable air operations requirements, the conduct of skill tests, proficiency checks and assessments of competence, and their documentation and reporting;
- a briefing on the national administrative procedures, requirements for protection of personal data, liability, accident insurance and fees.
Assessment of competence SFE Bombardier CL65
In accordance with FCL.1020, an applicant for an SFE Bombardier CRJ examiner certificate shall demonstrate his competence to an inspector from the competent authority or a senior examiner specifically authorised to do so by the competent authority through the conduct of a skill test, proficiency check or assessment of competence in the examiner role for which privileges are sought.
The SFE Bombardier CRJ assessment of competence consists of at least
- conduct of the skill test, proficiency check or assessment of competence
- assessment of the person to whom the test, check or assessment is given,
- recording documentation.