You might be interested in this text provided you are a holder of an EASA CPL(A) or EASA ATPL(A) and Challenger 300 350 typerating endorsed in the license of non-EASA country. If you are looking for the way how to get the CL30 typerating into your EASA license, please read through.

For ICAO to EASA transfer you need 500 hours on Challenger 300/350

It often happens that a pilot has an extensive type-related experience in non-EASA (for example, an FAA license valid on aircraft registered in the USA) and wants to get the Challenger 300 350 type rating in to his EASA license.

Valid and endorsed Challenger 300 350 Series type rating in a licence issued by a third country may be inserted in a licence issued in accordance with Annex I (Part-FCL) to Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011 provided you meet the requirements of Section 4, Article 10 of Part FCL and meet following:

  • compliance with the experience requirements and the prerequisites for the issue of the Challenger 300 350 Series typerating in accordance with Part-FCL;
  • passes the relevant skill test for the issue of the applicable type or class rating in accordance with Part-FCL;
  • is in current flying practice;
  • as no less than 500 hours of flight experience as a pilot in variants representing Challenger 300 350 Series

If you meet all these pre-requisites, the last step is to attend the checkride with an EASA Examiner - so-called skill test with a TRE or SFE Challenger 300 350. If you are a holder of an EASA CPL(A), your CL30  privileges will be limited to so-called "copilot only".